Immigration Law

  • Family-Based Immigration: 
    • The Immigration and Nationality Act permits the immigration of foreigners to the U.S. based on their relationship to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.  There are two groups of family based immigrant visa categories provided under the provisions of United States immigration law, specifically the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA),  including immediate relatives and family preference categories.
    • If you would like to find out if you or a family member can obtain legal status in this country, please call us for a consultation.
  • Crime based applications-VAWA
    • The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000 created two non-immigrant visas for non-citizen victims of crimes, the T visa and the U visa.  Both visas are designed to provide immigration status to non-citizens who are assisting or are willing to assist authorities investigating crimes.  Our firm has significant experience helping victims of serious crimes obtain these visas.  
      • The law lists 26 separate crimes, including domestic violence, rape, abusive sexual contact, abduction, blackmail and felony assault.  We can help you determine if you were the victim of a crime included in the law and help file for the proper visa.
  • Remove the conditions on your residency (I-751 petitions):
    • If you are a conditional resident and you need to apply to remove the conditions on your residency (I-751), please contact us for a consultation.  
    • If you can no longer apply to remove the conditions jointly with your spouse, we can help you obtain a waiver of the joint filing requirement.  In order to file for a waiver you must be able to show:
      • That you entered into the marriage in good faith, but that the marriage was terminated in divorce; and/or 
      • That you entered into the marriage on good faith, but the married was terminated due to the death of the United State Citizen spouse; and/or 
      • That you entered into the marriage in good faith, and that you were subjected to physical battering and/or extreme mental cruelty; and/or 
      • That you would suffer extreme hardship if returned to your country of origin. 
      • Please note that if you are filing an I-751 waiver, you do not have to show your eligibility under all grounds. At the very least, you must meet one of the grounds of eligibility.
  • Citizenship Applications: 
    • If you need assistance with your citizenship application, we are more than happy to help explain the process and guide you through the application.  
If you have any of the above immigration issues or any other immigration issue that needs assessing, please contact us immediately for an initial consultation.  We understand that time is of the essence, so we make great efforts to start the process as expeditiously as possible.

To schedule
an initial consultation please contact:
                                                Tel:     1-510-601-0565
Se habla Español